The Motley Fool Foundation Strategy, FY24-26
Dear Fools for Good,
We share The Motley Fool’s vision of a world that is smarter, happier, and richer. We are committed to serving the more than 200 million Americans currently living paycheck to paycheck or worse. By increasing knowledge and access to Financial Freedom, we believe we can empower more people to live a life of choice.
Financial Freedom for all
We are on a mission to create pathways to Financial Freedom for those living paycheck to paycheck
To find, fund and amplify innovative solutions that strivers to become thrivers
Who We Serve:
200 Million Americans who are currently living paycheck to paycheck, or worse.
That’s two out of every three people you encounter each day. People who struggle to pay the rent. People who have to choose between paying a bill and putting food on the table. People who are juggling the challenge of getting an education while also supporting others. They face real barriers and obstacles that set and keep them behind, with no end in sight. We believe we will have the highest return on donated dollars and impact by focusing on this swath of Americans based on their willingness and readiness to take their next step towards Financial Freedom.
Our Core Values
We have adopted The Motley Fool’s core values* and intend to adjust them to better fit the culture of The Foundation. *core values as of 2023
Do great things together.
Search for a better solution. Then top it.
Revel in your work.
Make us proud.
Play fair, play hard, play to win.
Make Foolishness your own.
Leveraging Our Foolish Core Strengths
The Foundation serves at the heart of the Fool, providing an opportunity for members to collectively ‘pay it Foolward.’
FY24-26 Strategic Overview
Four Strategies Paving Our Path to Impact: A Game Plan We Can Rally Behind
Drive Innovative Investments that disrupt systems, unify the drivers, and enable individuals to take their next step toward Financial Freedom.
- Evolve the Rule Breaker Program: Continually invest in Social Innovators and propel our program to Version 2.0.
- Research and develop a mechanism to measure steps toward Financial Freedom
- Focus on Financial Literacy: Invest in a program that drives and emphasizes financial education.
Drive Awareness of, and the conversation around Financial Freedom to demystify the path and increase access.
- Become a Prominent Voice: Utilize our platform and forge content partnerships to position us to lead the Financial Freedom conversation.
- Educate on Key Issues: Address crucial topics within and between the drivers.
- Leverage Relationships: Integrate closely with The Motley Fool and utilize its resources and relationships.
Drive Engagement to get people in the game, and unite “strivers” and “thrivers” for action.
- Build the Fools for Good Community: Significantly increase its membership numbers annually.
- Implement High-Touch Relationship Management: Employ marketing automation strategies to deliver customized user journeys by stakeholder segment
- Provide Volunteer Opportunities: Enable members to contribute their time, talent, or treasure.
Drive Sustainability and operational efficiency to undergird The Foundation’s long-term success.
- Diversify Revenue Streams:Explore various income sources.
- Retain Donors: Keep donors engaged and provide compelling reasons for them to contribute again.
- Optimize Data Use: Improve data capture, utilization, and timing.
- Streamline Processes: Simplify and optimize operational workflows.
What Does Success Look Like?
Imagine a day when everyone is equipped with what they need not just to survive but to thrive, a day when everyone is afforded an equal opportunity to flourish. This dream—a dream of a more equitable society—propels us toward a singular, pressing mission: to create more pathways to Financial Freedom, making it a reality for all. To reiterate, we measure our impact by the total number of people served, the steps taken by those living paycheck to paycheck towards Financial Freedom, and the achievement of a financially sustainable organization.
We invite our members, partners, and other influencers to join us in making strategic, long-term investments that will bring us closer to our shared goal. Success isn’t merely about reaching our goal—it’s about the journey we embark upon, the lives we change, and the society we transform along the way. Success is witnessing our dream materialize, day by day, as we evolve the concept of Financial Freedom from a mere vision to an open conversation in the U.S. and, ultimately, a lived reality for all. Let’s inspire—and be inspired—as we construct this future together.
Our strategy and plan will evolve into an active campaign for Financial Freedom with a central learning and action engine housed on our website, www.foolfoundation.org.